CUSTOMER SUCCESS MANAGER
United States — Full Time — Mid-Level
The Customer Success Manager will join our learning team on the Fire & Rescue Group and is responsible for the nurturing, development, and renewal of relationships with fire departments and EMS agency customers. This position is on the frontline of communications, ensuring our customers (both training administrators and end users alike) have exceptional experiences and meet their expected training outcomes using our learning management system.
To be successful in this role, the candidate will monitor client utilization rates and perform proactive outreach out to their accounts to suggest additional ways our solutions can add value. They will be comfortable interpreting data and in supporting the revenue team post-sale, ensuring that our product is functioning as expected and in uncovering additional opportunities to improve the product and drive incremental business (via renewals and upsells).
- Oversee the overall health of assigned accounts and strategically solution solve ways to increase client ROI
- Project manage a growing portfolio of clients simultaneously
- Leverage tools like Salesforce to track engagement with key contacts for clients and document any necessary deliverables or action items
- Handle customer inquiries and issues in a timely manner
- Assist with incoming calls from new & existing clients
- Analyze key platform metrics and determine recommendations based on data (and in alignment with client training goals)
- Provide ongoing client training (direct or to groups via webinar) to improve product utilization
- Recommend ways to improve processes in order to better serve internal teams and clients alike
- Able to problem solve and proactively find solutions
- Gather and capture feedback from customers on existing content or platform features or new product options that can be passed along to the executive team
- When necessary, travel onsite to assigned events to engage with existing clients
- Problem Solving – ‘can do’ approach to work; takes ownership of tasks; identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics
- Customer Service – customer focused; manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; reacts well under pressure
- Interpersonal & Relationship Skills – builds trust and credibility; diplomatic and tactful; focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; maintains confidentiality; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things; treats people with respect; keeps commitments; works with integrity and ethically
- Communication Skills – speaks and writes clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations
- Teamwork – works both independently and as a team player; balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; gives and welcomes
- Motivation – hunger to reach and exceed targets; works on own initiative; sets and achieves challenging goals; demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; measures self against standard of excellence
- Planning/Organizing – prioritizes and plans work activities; time management/uses time efficiently
- Adaptability – adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events
- Attendance/Dependability – is consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at meetings and appointments on time; follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
- 2-4 years of experience in customer service or business development function
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Marketing, preferred
- Experience working directly with clients or in former customer service role
- Experience working in the fire industry a plus
- Ability to work independently
- Demonstrate strong organizational, decision making and analytical skills
- Ability to work well in fast paced environment
- Ability to manage high-volume interaction by phone and email
- Exceptional verbal communication and interpersonal relations skills
- Proficient in technology – using computers, web browser, outlook excel and the ability to learn new programs quickly
- Willingness to work additional hours outside of the established work hours when needed (i.e. for sales demos or at events/conferences)
This position has no supervisory responsibilities
At Clarion Events, we strive to maintain a culture that is welcoming, supportive, diverse and inclusive. We have a motto, fail forward faster – we’re not afraid to make mistakes; we learn from them quickly and use learnings to help drive solutions.
This role may be done remotely, or out of one of our established US office locations in CT, NJ, OK, or WA. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. This job will also require travel and exposure to conference hall environments in which safety and environmental concerns may demand constant attention.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, 40 hours per week. Days and hours of work and days are typically Monday through Friday, 8:30a.m. To 5:30p.m., but will vary based on event/show schedules and business needs.
Travel is expected for this position for assigned shows and as required by management.
Clarion Events provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Clarion Events complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has offices. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.