SALES ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE
United States — Full Time — Experienced
As Sales Account Executive your role will be to deliver revenue across your assigned territory based on established targets and to consultatively sell The Fire Academy learning management system, understanding the client needs and aligning that to available product options. This is an exempt position that reports to the Vice President of the Fire & Rescue Group within Clarion Events.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Essential Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Generate revenue selling by phone, face-to-face (when appropriate) and other channels by targeting departments, EMS agencies, private ambulance companies, municipalities and hospitals for SaaS-based learning management system (LMS), including a suite of fire and EMS training
- Attend related and appropriate conferences/events with the goal of generating leads and establishing contacts
- Identify business opportunities and manage them through the sales pipeline to close
- Weekly reporting on sales results, plans and activities
- Meet or exceed established monthly revenue targets
- Document outreach to prospects using Salesforce (our customer relationship management tool) in a timely manner – whether it be calls or sales demonstrations of the product
- Nurture existing client relationships in order to drive future referral business
- Work collaboratively with the media marketing team on an as-needed basis regarding campaign messaging and goals to ensure the ongoing growth of the product
- Continuously developing market and product knowledge to assist with business development
- Maintain professional internal and external relationships that meet company core values
Skills and Qualifications
- 3+ years of business development experience and customer acquisition and/or inside sales experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experience in business-to-business relationship development for educational services, public safety, or healthcare
- Proven track record in establishing network of contacts and prospects
- Demonstrated performance in a commission-based or incentive-based compensation program
- Ability to write or create effective sales presentations and proposals
- Willingness to work additional hours outside of the established work hours when needed (i.e. for sales demos or at events/conferences)
- Strong communication skills to be able to interact with team members, executive management and with clients.
- Experience working in the fire industry a plus
- Current or past state licensure as EMT or Paramedic a plus
- Demonstrates effective active listening and communication skills
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Be able to build trust and credibility amongst our potential customer base
- Strong business acumen
- Communication, oral and written
- Interpersonal skills
- Leadership & Motivation
- Ability to build strong relationships
- Strategy and Planning
- Business Acumen
At Clarion Events, we strive to maintain a culture that is welcoming, supportive, diverse and inclusive. We have a motto, fail forward faster – we’re not afraid to make mistakes; we learn from them quickly and use learnings to help drive solutions.
This role may be done remotely, or out of one of our established US office locations in CT, NJ, OK, or WA. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. This job will also require travel and exposure to conference hall environments in which safety and environmental concerns may demand constant attention.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel, and reach with hands and arms. While at events/shows, this job may require extensive standing and walking and some pulling and lifting of products, supplies and/or equipment.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, 40 hours per week. Days and hours of work and days are typically Monday through Friday, 8:30a.m. to 5:30p.m., but will vary based on event/show schedules and business needs.
Travel is expected for this position for assigned shows and as required by management.
Clarion Events provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Clarion Events complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has offices. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.