Terms & Conditions
Terms and Conditions
The following terms and conditions (the “Agreement”) apply to all Subscription Services, as defined below, purchased by the entity or individual using the Subscription Services (the “User”) from Clarion Events, Inc. (“Clarion Events”). If purchased on behalf of others, the User represents and warrants that all individuals who have access to the Subscription Services are each considered a User and personally guarantees that all individuals will comply with the terms of the Agreement.
WHEREAS, Clarion Events has developed and implemented The Fire Academy™ and other services which can be purchased on a subscription basis (the “Subscription Services”);
WHEREAS, the User wishes to purchase the Subscription Services from Clarion Events;
For good and valuable consideration, the receipt of which is hereby acknowledged, Clarion Events and the User agree to the following:
- This Agreement becomes effective and enforceable upon the User’s purchase of the Subscription Services, or the User’s use of the Subscription Services, whichever occurs first. This Agreement shall remain in effect for a minimum one (1) year period commencing on the purchase date, unless a different time period is specified on any applicable order form (the “Initial Term”): provided, however, that the Term will be automatically extended for successive one-year periods thereafter (each a “Renewal Term”) unless one party provides written notice of non-renewal to the other party at least thirty (30) days prior to the expiration of the Initial Term or the then-current Renewal Term, as the case may be. The Initial Term and all subsequent Renewal Terms shall collectively comprise the “Term” of this Agreement. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Clarion Events may terminate this Agreement upon written notice to the User due to the User’s breach, insolvency or bankruptcy, or failure to comply with the spirit of the Agreement as determined in Clarion Events’ sole discretion.
- Subscription Fee/Invoicing. Clarion Events will invoice the User for purchased Subscription Services at the commencement of the Initial Term and thirty (30) days prior to the beginning of each Renewal Term. The User will pay the invoiced amount by Clarion Events within thirty (30) days of the invoice date. Payment instructions are included on the applicable order form, which is attached to and made part of this Agreement, and the User agrees to comply with all such instructions. Clarion Events reserves the right to increase pricing for each Renewal Term.
- Ownership of Materials; Derivative Works; Right to Use.
- Learning Management System. The User understands and agrees that part of the Subscription Services may include the use of Clarion Events’ Learning Management System (“LMS”), The Fire Academy™, as described below:
- The User acknowledges and agrees that all learning management system services, including but not limited to all online courses, videos, test banks, skills templates and all other materials provided by Clarion Events to the User from time to time during the term of this Agreement (such materials collectively, the “Subscription Materials”) are proprietary products of Clarion Events, protected under U.S. copyright, trademark, patent, and other applicable law. Subject to the terms, conditions, and limitations of this Agreement, Clarion Events hereby grants the User a limited, nontransferable, revocable license to prepare derivative works of the Subscription Materials subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement(each, a “Derivative Work”); provided, however, that the User acknowledges and agrees that Clarion Events is the sole owner of all right, title and interest in and to all Derivative Works, including all copyrights and other intellectual property and proprietary rights therein or pertaining thereto, and the User hereby assigns and transfers to Clarion Events all right, title and interest in and to all Derivative Works, including the copyrights and other intellectual property and proprietary rights therein or pertaining thereto. The User will not remove any copyright notice or other notice of Clarion Events appearing on Subscription Materials or Derivative Works and shall include such notices at the appropriate place on each copy thereof.
- Right to Use; Limitations on Use. Subject to the terms, conditions, and limitations in this Agreement, Clarion Events hereby grants to the User a limited, nontransferable, revocable license to use the Subscription Materials and any Derivative Works solely for the User’s internal purposes. The User shall not copy, republish, lend, distribute, post on servers, transmit, redistribute, or display, in whole or in part, by any means or medium, whether electronic or mechanical, or by any informational storage and retrieval system, any Subscription Materials or any Derivative Work other than as expressly authorized by the immediately preceding sentence. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the User will not import, upload, or otherwise make available any Subscription Materials or any Derivative Work into or onto any third party, document, knowledge, or other content management system or service without Clarion Events’ prior written consent. The User’s right to use the LMS is limited to the right expressly granted in this Agreement. All rights not expressly granted to the User are reserved and retained by Clarion Events and its licensors.
- Generally; Injunctive Relief. Except as expressly provided herein, nothing in this Agreement shall be construed as conferring any rights or license to Clarion Events’ trade secrets, intellectual property, Confidential Information, Subscription Materials, or the software underlying such products and services, whether by estoppel, implication or otherwise. The User may not decompile, disassemble, reverse engineer or otherwise attempt to discover any source code contained in any software-based Subscription Services. Notwithstanding any other term or condition herein, the User grants all rights and permissions in or relating to User Data as are necessary or useful to Clarion Events to enforce this Agreement, exercise Clarion Events’ rights, and perform Clarion Events’ obligations hereunder. The User acknowledges that a breach or threatened breach of any portion of this Section 3 may cause irreparable harm and shall entitle Clarion Events to injunctive relief in addition to any other available remedy.
- Warranty Disclaimer. ALL SUBSCRIPTION SERVICES AND SUBSCRIPTION MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND CLARION EVENTS HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS IMPLIED, STATUATORY, OR OTHERWISE, CLARION EVENTS SPECIFICIALLY DICLAIMES AND THE USER SPECIFICALLY WAIVES ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURCHASE, TITLE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND ALL WARRANTIES ARISING FROM COURSE OF DEALING, USAGE, OR TRADE PRACTICE.
- Disclaimer of Liability. The User acknowledges and agrees that Clarion Events, its officers, agents, managers, and employees will have no liability to the User or any other person or entity arising from or related to the Subscription Services or the Subscription Materials, or any act or omission by the User or its personnel pursuant to, or in reliance on, any of the Subscription Materials.
- Limitation of Liability. Clarion Events’ cumulative liability to the User and any other person or entity for any loss or damages resulting from any claims, demands, or actions arising out of or relations to this Agreement, the Subscription Services, or the use of any Subscription Materials shall not exceed the subscription fees actually paid to Clarion Events by the User for the purchased Subscription Services under this Agreement during the twelve-month period immediately prior to the assertion of such claim, demand or action. In no event shall Clarion Events be liable for any indirect, incidental, consequential, special, or exemplary damages or lost profits, even if Clarion Events has been advised of the possibility of such damages. The limitations set forth in this Section shall apply whether the User’s claim is based on breach of contract, tort, strict liability, product liability or any other theory or cause of action.
- The User agrees to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless Clarion Events, and its respective affiliates, personnel and representatives from and against all expenses, costs, claims, demands, suits, actions, proceedings, judgments, fines, penalties, losses, damages and liabilities (including but not limited to reasonable attorneys’ fees and expenses), resulting directly or indirectly from (i) any actions or omissions of the User and/or its personnel, agents and representatives that are negligent, wrongful or constitute a breach of this Agreement, or (ii) claims that the User’s information, data, documentation, or other content violate the intellectual property, privacy or other rights of any third party. This indemnity provided under this provision shall survive the termination or expiration of this Agreement and is in addition and without prejudice to any other rights and/or remedies which Clarion Events may have or be entitled to under this Agreement and/or applicable laws.
- Confidential Information. The User understands and agrees that it will be exposed to Clarion Events’ confidential and proprietary information, including trade secrets, and shall not disclose such information to third parties, and is permitted to only use such information as described in this Agreement. For the avoidance of doubt, the User shall not use the Subscription Services, Subscription Materials, or any other information or documentation covered by this Agreement for any other purpose other than internal use.
- Governing Law. This Agreement shall be construed in accordance with, and governed by, the laws of the State of Delaware, without giving effect to any choice of law doctrine that would case the law of any other jurisdiction to apply.
- Entire Agreement. This Agreement, including any applicable order forms, embodies the entire agreement and understanding of the partiers hereto and hereby expressly supersedes all prior written and oral agreements and understandings with respect to the subject matter hereof. No representation, promise, inducement, or statement or intention has been made by any party hereto that is not embodied in this Agreement. In the event of a conflict of terms between an order form, executed by the User and Clarion Events, and this Agreement, the terms of the order form shall prevail. Terms and Conditions set forth in any purchase order, or any other form or document of the User, which are inconsistent with, or in addition to, the terms and conditions set forth in this Agreement, are hereby objected to and rejected in their entirety, regardless of when received, without further action or notification by Clarion Events, and shall not be considered binding on Clarion Events unless specifically agreed to in writing by it.
If you have any questions, please reach out to thefireacademy@clarionevents.